ADVT DATE 11 MARCH 2011
LAST DATE 11 APRIL 2011
Syllabus for GENERAL STUDIES (Preliminary Exam.)
The paper of General Studies will include questions on the following topics:
1. General Science
2. History of India including India’s struggle for freedom and post independence Indian polity. 3. Indian Economy and Culture
4. Population, Environment and Urbanisation in Indian Context.
5. World Geography including Geography of India.
6. Current events of National and International importance.
7. Analytical Ability of important current events and concerns.
8. Basic knowledge of Computer. Question on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline. In History emphasis should be on broad understanding of social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of the nature and character of the freedom movement, growth on nationalism and attainment of Independence. In Indian Polity Economy and Culture, Questions will test Knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and community development broad features of economic policy in India and Indian Culture. The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanisation. In world Geography, only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to physical social and economic Geography of India. On Current Events of National and International Importance, candidates- will be expected to have knowledge about them. Candidates are required to have basic knowledge of computer Science, Management and Environmental Sciences. In General, Mental Ability, questions will test comprehension, reasoning and numerical ability. Candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with special reference to Uttarakhand.
UKPSC INTERVIEW TRAINING AVAILABLE AT CAREER QUEST, DELHI. CALL 09811299811 OR 09990840999. VISIT WWW.CQINTERVIEW.BLOGSPOT.COM
UKPSC: SYLLABUS : MAINS EXAM : GENERAL STUDIES
General Studies will have two paper as per details given below
PAPER-I 1. Modern History of India and Indian Culture. 2. Current events of National and International Importance. 3. Indian National Movement and contribution of Uttarakhand. 4. Statistical Analysis, Graphs and Diagrams. 5. Science in everyday life. 6. Basic knowledge of Computer & its Application in the development. 7. Education, culture, Agriculture, trade, commerce, Life-style and social custom with special reference to Uttarakhand. Modern History of India and Indian Culture will cover the broad history of country from about the middle of the nineteenth century and would also include questions on Gandhi, Tagore and Nehru. The part on current events of national and international importance will include questions also on sports and games. The part relating to statistical analysis, Graphs and diagrams will include exercises to test the candidate’s ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical of diagrammatical from and to point out deficiencies, limitations or inconsistencies there in.
GENERAL STUDIES PAPER-II
1. Indian Polity. 2. Indian Economy. 3. Geography of India. 4. The role and impact of science and technology in the development of India (including science in everyday life). The part relating to Indian polity will include questions on the political system in India. The Indian economy will cover broad features of economic policy in India. ‘Geography of India’ will cover broad knowledge about physical, economic and social geography of the country. The part relating to the role and impact of science and technology in the development of India, question will be asked to test the candidate’s awareness in this field. Emphasis will be on the applied aspects. ESSAY There will be three sections in the question paper of Essay. Candidates will have to select one topic from each section and they are required to write essay in 700 words on each topic . In the three sections, topic of essay will be based on following sphere. Section – A : (1) Literature and Culture. (2) Social Sphere. (3) Political Sphere. Section – B: (1) Science, Environment and Technology. (2) Economic Sphere. (3) Agriculture, Industry and Trade. Section- C: (1) National and International Events. (2) Natural Calamities, Land slide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought, etc. (3) National Development Programmes and Projects.